Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daddy's First Shot

So, wanting to be involved in our daughter's care, I have learned about everything that we give her or ask her to do. I taste each one of her medicines to see how bad it tastes and try to put myself in her shoes. I always show her that I am tasting it so that she knows that I know how bad it tastes :)

My wife was an LPN so when we started MTX shots she was the one who gave them. I told Addie that I would like to learn how so that if mommy wasn't around on shot night she could still get them. I asked her to pick a date on the calendar and she could pick any of 4, so she picked the last one.

Well Monday night was the big night and I was a little nervous but I drew up the shot and gave it to her. She said it hurt a little more than when mommy does it (of course!) but said I could give it to her again.

I think it is important for everyone involved in the care of a child with JRA to learn all about the treatment.

If you have been holding off on learning how to do the shots, DON'T! Participate and feel part of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment